The selected candidate will join one of the most recognized applied research centers in Europe in a team pioneering the application and exploitation of advanced data management techniques based on semantics to support researchers from different domains, among others.
The selected candidate will work mostly in the context of European research, development and innovation projects. Initially, she/he will be involved in the development of a FAIR-enabling platform (https://www.force11.org/group/fairgroup/fairprinciples), known as ROHub, which was built around the innovative research object concept (http://www.researchobject.org/) and associated technologies leveraging semantics and advanced data management techniques. ROHub platform (http://www.rohub.org/about) is already being used/tested by different user communities at EU and worldwide level, and it is the backbone of a Virtual Research Environment (VRE) for Earth Science led by the European Space Agency.
THe candidate will join the platform development team, and she/he will take responsibility of continuing the development of the top-middle layer and front-end interfaces, towards a wider uptake of the platform in different production environments. This will include, among others:
- Cooperation with other team members (graphic designers and UX, back-end programmers, analysts, testers) in order to develop software of the best quality,
- Development and maintenance of technical documentation of the produced software.
Miejsce pracy: Poznań
Candidates are expected to hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related, and/or at least 2 years of experience as a front-end programmer, and she/he should have the following qualifications:
- Experience in designing and implementing web applications using REST interfaces
- Knowledge of issues related to RWD
- Commitment to the quality of the created software and compliance of the implemented interfaces with graphic designs / UX,
- Knowledge of English, allowing the candidate to communicate (technically) in an international team
- Knowledge of tools supporting collaborative software development (issue trackers – we use JIRA, code versioning systems – we use Git).
Other qualifications that are welcome but not obligatory:
- Experience in reusing and extending software, including open source and internal projects
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies at the level needed in the daily work of the programmer,
- Knowledge about software architecture styles
- Practical knowledge about data representation and interchange formats (JSON, XML, RDF, etc.)
- Practical knowledge about data query languages (SQL, SPARQL, …)
Additionally, the candidate is expected to have:
- Good non-technical skills, including team work and communication abilities, good initiative, proactive, flexible and self-motivated
- Ability to work with multinational and multidisciplinary teams
Place of work: PSNC Research Center of the Polish Optical Internet, ul. Jana Pawła II No. 10, Poznań
- Stable work in a well-established institution, highly recognized at national and international level
- Participation in international projects in the field of computer science, working with emerging technologies and with applications in different domains
- Participation in the implementation of solutions aimed at providing real users with innovative solutions
- Possibility to participate in work meetings and other professional events abroad
- Social package, including co-financing of the Multisport card, the possibility of joining the private medical care program.
- Flexible schedule
Form of employment: labor contract (umowa o pracę) or contract for specific work (umowa o dzieło/zlecenie) (students)
The recruitment is a two-steps process: first, an interview with the unit leader and technical manager of ROHub, including a discussion of experience and expectations (in English), followed by a short assessment of the candidate development skills (in Polish). Next, selected candidates will have an interview with the division director to agree on the final details of the salary and conditions (in Polish).
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and cover letter in PDF format to the following address: email@example.com including the reference number of the announcement „PCSS-ROH-FED-2019”.
The application should contain the following statement (applications without this statement will be cancelled):
I hereby give my consent to the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry of Polish Academy of Sciences in Poznan with its registered office in Poznań (61-704), Poland, Z. Noskowskiego 12/14 street, to process my personal data contained in the application form for the purpose and scope necessary to carry out current and future recruitment for the position <job title>. I have been informed that my consent is voluntary and that I have the right to withdraw my consent at any time and the withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing performed on the basis of this consent prior to its withdrawal. I have also read the data protection information.
Information on data protection
In accordance with Article 13 of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), hereinafter referred to as „the GDPR”, we inform you that:
- The controller of personal data is the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry of Polish Academy of Sciences in Poznan with its address in Poznań (61-704), Poland, Z. Noskowskiego 12/14 street REGON [National Business Registry Number] 000849327; NIP [Tax Identification Number] 777-00-02-062, telephone number 61 858 20 01, e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org (hereinafter referred to as The Institute).
- The Institute has appointed the Data Protection Officer, who may be contacted in writing via traditional post sent to the following address: Inspektor Ochrony Danych, ul. Z. Noskowskiego 12/14, 61-704 Poznań, or by e-mail at: email@example.com.
- Personal data are processed in order to perform the tasks of the administrator related to the recruitment for the vacant position.
- The legal basis for data processing shall be the Act of 26 June 1974 – The Polish Labour Code, the Act of 30 April 2010 on the Polish Academy of Sciences or the consent of the data subject.
- Personal data is stored and processed in order to carry out the current recruitment process for a period of 2 months, and based on the consent for future recruitment for a period of 12 months. After this period, your personal data will be effectively destroyed.
- Your personal data will not be transferred to third country (outside EU).
- The person whose data is being processed is entitled to the right:
- to access to the content of their personal data, request their correction or deletion, pursuant to the principles set forth in Articles 15 – 17 of the GDPR;
- to limit the processing of data in the cases provided for in Article 18 of the GDPR;
- to transfer data, pursuant to the principles set forth in Article 20 of the GDPR;
- to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of a processing carried out on the basis of consent prior to its withdrawal;
- to lodge a complaint with the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.
8. Providing personal data in the scope resulting from Article 22(1) of the Act of 26 June 1974. – The Labour Code is mandatory, providing data in a broader scope is voluntary and requires consent to the processing of such data.